It was a very good week for the Town of Amherst. On Monday, a groundbreaking ceremony took place for the new building for New England Environmental on Research Drive. I was great to celebrate the initiation of this very exciting project. At its conclusion of construction, a new headquarters for New England Environmental will be built utilizing the latest trends in green technology. The building will be complete in less than one year.
On Tuesday, all the department heads and a group of employees participated in formal program designed to identify and discuss social justice issues associated with the delivery of town services. This program examined the importance of establishing and enacting social justice principles in the delivery of municipal services. I would like to congratulate Epi Bodhi for securing the grant that funded this important program and to Barbara Love who provided inspirational insights on the challenges and significance of social justice values in the administration of municipal services. I would also like to acknowledge and thank the twenty town employees who worked on this project over the last four months, for the most part, on their own time.
On Thursday, the Blue Ribbon Team met to discuss how to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of town and school departments and to examine the opportunities for collaboration. A significant amount of material was provided to our experts. Department heads from the town and the school attended to provide information relative to the amount and complexity of work obligations. I am hopeful that the Blue Ribbon Team will be able to provide recommendations before the end of the year. I can not tell you how appreciative I am of their efforts.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment