The volunteers at the Amherst Fire Department conducted the SAFE Graduation at the Middle School on Tuesday, October 28, 2008. It was great to see the many 4th Graders in attendance be able to recite clearly the various techniques for reacting to a fire. Congratulations and many thanks to the men and women of the Amherst Fire Department who make fire prevention a significant part of their commitment to the community.
On Wednesday, October 29, 2008, I participated in an emergency management drill with the University of Massachusetts Amherst, the various towns and many state agencies. The purpose of the drill was to test the readiness of the region to address emergency conditions. I was very impressed with the work of the Amherst Fire Department, Chief Hoyle and Assistant Chief Stromgren; Assistant Chief Zlogar acting as the Emergency Management Director; Chief Scherpa and Captain Kent of the Police Department and Epi Bodhi, Health Department Director for the contributions each made to a successful drill.
On Thursday, I participated in the annual Trivia Bee to benefit education. Conducted at the Middle School, the event was well attended. Many thanks to Linda Rotti and her many friends for sponsoring such a great event.
On Friday, I had the honor to lead the Halloween Parade from Sweetzer Park up Main Street, down North Pleasant and Kellogg back to the Bangs Center. Many young people and their parents marched in the parade. Everyone had a great time.
Larry Shaffer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Mr Shaffer, I am just wondering what I need to do to get an answer to a question left on the towns web site request/complaint tracker. I have logged in over the last month and there isn't any action. I also didn't get any response to the question I left here on 10/27.
Mary Dunn
Post a Comment