The summer is typically the time that town government begins to put into place the initiatives approved at the close of annual town meeting. However, this year, with the adoption of the state budget, Amherst, like many communities, will ask town meeting to consider the local option taxes for both rooms and meals. Special Town Meeting will be on Monday, July 27, 2009. I hope to be able to explain the importance of the local option taxes to the members of Town Meeting. Fundamentally, the approved Fiscal Year 2010 Town of Amherst Budget includes the anticipated revenue from the local option taxes. Consequently, without Town Meeting approval of those local option taxes, a revenue shortfall for FY 10 will occur requiring action to address.
My hip replacement operation has been postponed until some time in the fall. I am not particularly upset about the delay but I know that it needs to be addressed soon.
Hope the summer finds you well.
Larry
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment